Saturday, September 11, 2010

Revel

Today I'm letting morose pass.  Today I'm reveling in joy.  In good times and in bad, the joy of the Lord is my strength!  And this is a good time, it really is.  I'm hard at work, but my work is honest and good.  My life is honest and good.  If at the end of the day, I've given all I can, then I must be satisfied with the results.  I don't have to be the best, the highest, the #1.  I simply have to be me, the person God created.  Because He is the author and finisher of my faith, I know that I've been given all the raw materials I need to live a life that pleases Him.  Those qualities I don't have, I've been given the ability to develop.  God does not expect the impossible from His people (and indeed, with God, what is impossible, other than an inconceivable word?).

It's Saturday, and a beautiful one at that.  On top of it all, tomorrow is the Lord's day!  I've been given so much; why, other than ingratitude, would I not be joyful?  May God give me the strength, the courage, the insight, and the gratitude to rejoice in Him always.

No comments: