Thursday, January 1, 2009

And we begin again...

2008 was a beautiful year. I know that 2009 will be beautiful too.

I am so amazed every day at the path the Lord is leading me on. My husband is a wonderful, precious gift. Infertility is painful in our lives, but he has stuck by me through it all (and so has He). In a way, I feel that being childless - while definitely painful - is a unique opportunity to take time with my husband and really grow in love with him.

I really do feel that we love each other more every day. It feels at the end of each day that my heart is as full as it can possibly be, but in the morning, I wake to find that it has stretched just that bit more from the exercise and we are able to pour even more love into one another's hearts. I know a lot of young wives do not get the opportunity for a lot of bonding before babies, and I know that I should count myself blessed in almost every way...but I will not lie. Occasionally, that is a very hard thing to do.

My New Year's Resolution, beyond continuing to lose weight (22 pounds so far!) and spending more time with God, is to cultivate an attitude of gratitude NO MATTER WHAT...to really stop and think and count the many blessings I've been graced with.

To begin with this year, I am thankful for

1. My husband, who is exceedingly, abundantly more than I could ever ask or think, a true gift of the highest order straight from God himself.

No comments: