Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Everything All at Once (Or, As the Eye Twitcheth)

Today has me smack-dab in the middle of everything.

First, I'm expecting my LSAT score at some undetermined time in the hopefully near future. I think my right index finger is about to stage a coup because it's tired of repeatedly clicking the refresh button. The official score report date is 1/5/09, but they usually do send out scores quite a bit sooner than they promise them. I'm anxious to get my score and know where I stand.

Second, tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I have to work. This puts me in a unique situation because one side of my family has their Christmas gathering on Christmas Eve. Generally, the day before big holidays, we get off at 2:15, but sometimes we don't. My employer would not tell us whether or not we could expect to leave early tomorrow. Either way, I will be late to our 2pm gathering, but there is a distinct difference between showing up at 3 because I got off at 2:15 and showing up at 5 because I got off at 4:15. By 5, I don't imagine anyone will still be there!

Third, a lot of changes are happening at church and while change is good, it can be stressful.

Fourth, the previous three things I listed have made me sleep-deprived, which is not a desirable state for someone trying to navigate stressful situations. I need sleep, but when is that really going to happen, huh?

So yeah, that's where I am today, in the middle of everything, a ball of crazy.

My left eye is twitching, but I think the girl who sits behind me thinks I am flicking my eyelid with my finger for no reason at all. Lovely.

No comments: